July 24, 2009

AGYA Youth Leader, 17 year old Kenny Mulinde Elected To Student Government

AGYA is proud to announce that one of our talented youth leaders, Kenneth Mulinde has been elected as "Headboy," a competitive leadership position at Nakasero High School in Kampala, Uganda.

Above: Kenny's winning campaign poster!

At AGYA, Kenny facilitates various arts workshops with children and youth. Specializing in African Batik prints, Kenny is an extremely talented young man who dreams of becoming an industrial artist. Kenny is also active in the AGYA Poetry and Creative workshops as well as the hip-hop class. When asked to express his feelings after learning that he had won the election, Kenny said:

"Being the Headboy is an amazing experience that entrusts one with
responsibility of guiding and leading fellow students at school. I am so
grateful to my AGYA family because of the support they gave me during my
campaign. They made me posters and always encouraged me. They showed me that I am not alone, and there are special people who are willing to stand up for me."



ABOVE: Kenny with fellow AGYA Youth Leader, Happy Namutebi, at AGYA's weekly community meeting.

"We are so proud of Kenny's accomplishment. He is a rising star and has proven to us that, with the proper leadership development training, Ugandan youth can rise above their circumstances to strive for a better future."

said AGYA Co-Founders, Divinity and Abraham.

Click here to see some of Kenny's amazing artwork.